Mary A. KotubyMarch 10,2013Mary A. Kotuby Rites
BOMOSEEN — The funeral service for Mary A. Kotuby, 92, of Bomoseen, who died Friday, March 1, 2013, was held Saturday, March 9, from the Mallory Funeral Home in Fair Haven.
David Mazsa, her son-in-law, led the service celebrating her life which included family members Jeanne Kotuby, her daughter, offering reminiscences followed by Kevin Kotuby, a grandson, recalling favorite summer events in Vermont. John Cobbol, her brother, played a guitar selection he created for his sister.
Interment will take place in Riverside Cemetery in Proctor in the spring.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.