63-year-old in two-fatality crash is namedMarch 09,2013Local woman, 63,
named as fatality
QUECHEE — A 63-year-old woman who was killed in a two-fatality crash Thursday in Quechee has been identified.
Nina Dimick of Woodstock was pronounced dead at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., after a crash that also killed Corey Daniels, 38, of Hartford.
Hartford Police said Dimick was driving east on Route 4 when she crossed the center line and struck the rear wheel of a utility trailer towed by Roger Cann, 71, of Macungie, Pa.
Dimick then hit Daniels’ vehicle head-on, police said. Cann was not hurt in the crash, but a teenager in his vehicle was injured.
Dimick was not identified at first while police were trying to reach her family.MORE IN This Just InAlmost two decades ago, Sarah Fortier sat in the classrooms and played on the soccer fields of... Full StoryGrowing up in Warsaw, Poland, her family lived in a modest home they inherited from her grandfather. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,