63-year-old in two-fatality crash is namedMarch 09,2013Local woman, 63,
named as fatality
QUECHEE — A 63-year-old woman who was killed in a two-fatality crash Thursday in Quechee has been identified.
Nina Dimick of Woodstock was pronounced dead at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., after a crash that also killed Corey Daniels, 38, of Hartford.
Hartford Police said Dimick was driving east on Route 4 when she crossed the center line and struck the rear wheel of a utility trailer towed by Roger Cann, 71, of Macungie, Pa.
Dimick then hit Daniels’ vehicle head-on, police said. Cann was not hurt in the crash, but a teenager in his vehicle was injured.
Dimick was not identified at first while police were trying to reach her family.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.