Suspect died by carbon monoxideMarch 09,2013WEST HAVEN, Conn. ó Vermont records say a Connecticut man found dead after being charged in an alleged child sex slave case committed suicide by carbon monoxide.
The New Haven Register reported Friday that a death certificate it obtained from Vermont authorities said 39-year-old Frank Meyer of West Haven died from burning charcoal in a confined space. He was found dead Tuesday in Newfane, Vt.
Meyer and 42-year-old Brett Bartolotta of Cavendish, Vt., pleaded not guilty to aggravated sexual assault and slave trafficking.
Authorities said the men bribed a boy to perform sex acts in Vermont for several years beginning when the boy was 12. The alleged victim is now 25.
Meyer, a West Haven 911 dispatcher, was suspended. West Haven officials said thereís no indication he engaged in improprieties there, but police executed a sealed search warrant on his property.MORE IN This Just InAfter Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, most shoppers have a head start on... Full StoryMONTPELIER - The Vermont State Police have come up with a form to guide employees on how to... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation