Susanne R. McMillanMarch 09,2013
Susanne R. McMillanSusanne R. McMillan
Susanne R. McMillan, 81, formerly of Belmont, died March 5, 2013, at Our House Residential Care Home in Rutland.
She was born in Plainfield, N.J., Oct. 19, 1931, the daughter of Albert and Elizabeth (Hatfield) Randolph.
She was a graduate of Smith College.
Survivors include seven children, James Farrand, Sara McMillan, both of Belmont, Randolph Farrand of Rutland, Samuel McMillan of Perkinsville, Mary Farrand of Newark, N.Y., Nancy Bailey of Jordan, N.Y., and Susanne Bonawitz of Clifton Springs, N.Y.; 15 grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
The funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 23, at Village Baptist Church in Belmont. Officiating will be the Rev. Glen Davis, pastor. A reception will follow.
Memorial contributions may be made to Village Baptist Church, Belmont, VT 05730; or Our House Activities Fund, 196 Mussey St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.