Lillian RocchiMarch 08,2013
Lillian Rocchi, 99, died March 7, 2013, at Mountain View Genesis Center.
She was born in Sicily, April 6, 1913, daughter of Santos and Maria (Sabatino) DiGangi.
Lillian was a 1929 graduate of West Rutland High School.
She was a member of St. Dominic’s Church.
She was employed by Vermont Marble Co. for many years.
Surviving are a brother, Leonard “Leo” DiGangi and his wife, Gladys, of West Rutland, several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Manlio Rocchi, in 1984; three sisters, Mary Morgan, Frances Nash, Josephine Sabatino; two brothers, Victor and Joseph DiGangi.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, in St. Dominic’s Church in Proctor.
There are no calling hours.
Burial will be held at a later date in South Street Cemetery in Proctor.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Dominic’s Church, Proctor, Vt.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.