Lillian RocchiMarch 08,2013
Lillian Rocchi, 99, died March 7, 2013, at Mountain View Genesis Center.
She was born in Sicily, April 6, 1913, daughter of Santos and Maria (Sabatino) DiGangi.
Lillian was a 1929 graduate of West Rutland High School.
She was a member of St. Dominicís Church.
She was employed by Vermont Marble Co. for many years.
Surviving are a brother, Leonard ďLeoĒ DiGangi and his wife, Gladys, of West Rutland, several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Manlio Rocchi, in 1984; three sisters, Mary Morgan, Frances Nash, Josephine Sabatino; two brothers, Victor and Joseph DiGangi.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, in St. Dominicís Church in Proctor.
There are no calling hours.
Burial will be held at a later date in South Street Cemetery in Proctor.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Dominicís Church, Proctor, Vt.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.