Lillian RocchiMarch 08,2013
Lillian Rocchi, 99, died March 7, 2013, at Mountain View Genesis Center.
She was born in Sicily, April 6, 1913, daughter of Santos and Maria (Sabatino) DiGangi.
Lillian was a 1929 graduate of West Rutland High School.
She was a member of St. Dominic’s Church.
She was employed by Vermont Marble Co. for many years.
Surviving are a brother, Leonard “Leo” DiGangi and his wife, Gladys, of West Rutland, several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Manlio Rocchi, in 1984; three sisters, Mary Morgan, Frances Nash, Josephine Sabatino; two brothers, Victor and Joseph DiGangi.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, in St. Dominic’s Church in Proctor.
There are no calling hours.
Burial will be held at a later date in South Street Cemetery in Proctor.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Dominic’s Church, Proctor, Vt.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.