Police investigate the scene of a crash Thursday morning that killed two people in White River Junction.WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — Two people were killed Thursday morning in a head-on collision on Route 4 about a half-mile west of the intersection with Quechee Main Street, according to Hartford Police.
Police said a 1995 Toyota Camry driven by a 63-year-old Woodstock woman was traveling east on Route 4 around 9:30 a.m. and crossed the center line, striking a trailer pulled by a pickup and then an oncoming 2002 Subaru Forester.
The woman, whose name had not been released pending notification of her family, and the driver of the Forester — Corey Daniels, 38, of Hartford — were both killed.
Police said the woman killed in the crash was wearing a seat belt, while Daniels was not.
A 17-year-old passenger in the pickup towing a trailer suffered severe, but not life-threatening, injuries, according to police.
The road was closed for several hours after the crash.
Police said the road was dry at the time of the crash.
In addition to Hartford Police, the Hartford Fire Department and Vermont State Police assisted at the scene.
The investigation into the crash is continuing.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.