Local man denies three theft chargesMarch 07,2013Local man denies
3 larceny charges
A Mount Holly man was jailed on $100,000 bail Wednesday for allegedly threatening violence while demanding money from three local businesses.
Todd E. Bussino Jr., 29, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to three felony counts of larceny from a person.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail for Bussino, who was taken to the Rutland jail after the hearing.
He was arrested Monday by Vermont State Police, who charged him with robbing the Cumberland Farms convenience store on Main Street in Wallingford on Friday afternoon. Rutland City Police charged him with robbing the Walgreens pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue and the Burger King on North Main Street early Saturday.
No one was hurt in any of the incidents and no weapon was displayed, police said, though they said Bussino did threaten to shoot a clerk who followed him from Cumberland Farms.
Police said he was filmed by a security camera at Cumberland Farms and left his jacket at Burger King.
Police said Bussino admitted to the incidents and said he was trying to get money to buy crack cocaine.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.