Local man denies three theft chargesMarch 07,2013Local man denies
3 larceny charges
A Mount Holly man was jailed on $100,000 bail Wednesday for allegedly threatening violence while demanding money from three local businesses.
Todd E. Bussino Jr., 29, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to three felony counts of larceny from a person.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail for Bussino, who was taken to the Rutland jail after the hearing.
He was arrested Monday by Vermont State Police, who charged him with robbing the Cumberland Farms convenience store on Main Street in Wallingford on Friday afternoon. Rutland City Police charged him with robbing the Walgreens pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue and the Burger King on North Main Street early Saturday.
No one was hurt in any of the incidents and no weapon was displayed, police said, though they said Bussino did threaten to shoot a clerk who followed him from Cumberland Farms.
Police said he was filmed by a security camera at Cumberland Farms and left his jacket at Burger King.
Police said Bussino admitted to the incidents and said he was trying to get money to buy crack cocaine.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.