Local man denies three theft chargesMarch 07,2013Local man denies
3 larceny charges
A Mount Holly man was jailed on $100,000 bail Wednesday for allegedly threatening violence while demanding money from three local businesses.
Todd E. Bussino Jr., 29, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to three felony counts of larceny from a person.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail for Bussino, who was taken to the Rutland jail after the hearing.
He was arrested Monday by Vermont State Police, who charged him with robbing the Cumberland Farms convenience store on Main Street in Wallingford on Friday afternoon. Rutland City Police charged him with robbing the Walgreens pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue and the Burger King on North Main Street early Saturday.
No one was hurt in any of the incidents and no weapon was displayed, police said, though they said Bussino did threaten to shoot a clerk who followed him from Cumberland Farms.
Police said he was filmed by a security camera at Cumberland Farms and left his jacket at Burger King.
Police said Bussino admitted to the incidents and said he was trying to get money to buy crack cocaine.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.