Local man denies three theft chargesMarch 07,2013Local man denies
3 larceny charges
A Mount Holly man was jailed on $100,000 bail Wednesday for allegedly threatening violence while demanding money from three local businesses.
Todd E. Bussino Jr., 29, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to three felony counts of larceny from a person.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail for Bussino, who was taken to the Rutland jail after the hearing.
He was arrested Monday by Vermont State Police, who charged him with robbing the Cumberland Farms convenience store on Main Street in Wallingford on Friday afternoon. Rutland City Police charged him with robbing the Walgreens pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue and the Burger King on North Main Street early Saturday.
No one was hurt in any of the incidents and no weapon was displayed, police said, though they said Bussino did threaten to shoot a clerk who followed him from Cumberland Farms.
Police said he was filmed by a security camera at Cumberland Farms and left his jacket at Burger King.
Police said Bussino admitted to the incidents and said he was trying to get money to buy crack cocaine.MORE IN This Just InCASTLETON — The Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation is about to launch an $800,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.