Local man denies three theft chargesMarch 07,2013Local man denies
3 larceny charges
A Mount Holly man was jailed on $100,000 bail Wednesday for allegedly threatening violence while demanding money from three local businesses.
Todd E. Bussino Jr., 29, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to three felony counts of larceny from a person.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail for Bussino, who was taken to the Rutland jail after the hearing.
He was arrested Monday by Vermont State Police, who charged him with robbing the Cumberland Farms convenience store on Main Street in Wallingford on Friday afternoon. Rutland City Police charged him with robbing the Walgreens pharmacy on Woodstock Avenue and the Burger King on North Main Street early Saturday.
No one was hurt in any of the incidents and no weapon was displayed, police said, though they said Bussino did threaten to shoot a clerk who followed him from Cumberland Farms.
Police said he was filmed by a security camera at Cumberland Farms and left his jacket at Burger King.
Police said Bussino admitted to the incidents and said he was trying to get money to buy crack cocaine.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.