City police in pursuit of burglary suspectStaff Report | March 07,2013
Rutland City Police are looking a man involved in a burglary on Library Avenue this morning.
Police said around 10:30 a.m. a Library Avenue homeowner came home to find a person "ransacking" his residence. The homeowner demanded to know who the intruder was and the individual responded with a name that police believe to be a fake identification.
The suspect then fled with a bag that police believe was filled with items stolen from the residence. No one was injured in the incident and no weapons were displayed.
Police said the suspect fled east toward Grove Street and then disappeared. A canine from the state Department of Fish & Wildlife was called to the city to help track the suspect. As of 11:30 a.m. police say the scent trail followed by the dog led them south to the downtown transit center.
Police described the suspect as a white man in his 20s, standing between 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 5 feet, 10 inches tall with a slender build. The man was wearing a white jacket and brown pants and carrying a yellow-flowered laundry bag containing several items, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call 773-1816.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.