Rutland Town School cuts budget, schedules new voteBy Josh O'Gorman
Staff Writer | March 07,2013The Rutland Town School Board wasted no time trimming its budget by $128,000 for a revote March 26.
During a meeting Wednesday night, one day after town meeting, the board adopted a proposed budget of $7,999,000, an increase of $326,085, or 4.2 percent, more than the current budget of $7,672,915.
Tuesday, by a 22-vote margin, residents rejected a proposed budget of $8,127,036, which represented an increase of 5.9 percent, or $454,120.
There will be an informational meeting at 7 p.m., March 25, at Rutland Town School. Voters will cast their votes the following day, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the town hall and the school.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?