2 dead in head-on crash in White River JunctionThe Associated Press | March 07,2013WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — Vermont police say two people are dead after a head-on collision in White River Junction.
Hartford Police say a vehicle driven by a 63-year-old Woodstock woman crossed the center line on Route 4 Thursday morning and hit a truck trailer and then an oncoming car.
The woman, whose name has yet been released, and driver of the second car [--] 38-year-old Corey Daniels of Hartford were both killed in the crash.
Police say a 17-year-old passenger in the truck that was towing the trailer suffered severe but not life-threatening injuries. Police say she was not wearing seat belt.
The road was closed for several hours after the crash.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.