Pittsford approves spending articlesMarch 06,2013Spending articles
pass in Pittsford
PITTSFORD — Minimal discussion preceded the approval of town budgets Monday night in Pittsford.
By a majority voice vote, residents approved the $1,287,803 town budget, as well as the $1,049,971 highway budget and the $19,000 village budget.
By ballot Tuesday, residents also approved the school budget of $3,765,871 by a vote of 234-150.
In the election of town officials, Selectman Allen Hitchcock held off challenger Cathy Rider for a two-year seat by a vote of 239-126. Incumbent Joseph Gagnon was re-elected to a three-year seat, with 323 votes; he was challenged by a write-in campaign by Odell Johnston, who received 39 votes.
For three library trustee seats, Bob Harnish (66), Shirlee Nickless (44) and Pat Drown (3) were elected in a write-in campaign for all three.
Sen. Peg Flory, R-Rutland, was selected for a one-year grand juror seat through write-in with 12 votes, beating Peter Cady with 10 write-in votes.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.