Woodstock defeats economic coordinator positionMarch 06,2013Woodstock defeats economic position
WOODSTOCK — There were three articles of note in Woodstock that were voted by Australian ballot Tuesday. One was defeated and the other two passed.
Voters defeated an article to hire an economic coordinator to promote economic development in Woodstock, 520-361. The article asked for $50,000 to hire the coordinator in conjunction with Green Mountain Economic Development Commission.
Voters overwhelmingly approved an article to ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines, 707-186. The article would instruct state and federal legislatures to require criminal background checks for every gun sold in the United States and make gun trafficking a federal crime.
The $11,322,305 Woodstock Union High School budget also passed, 414-195. The budget represented a decrease of $61,961 from this year’s budget of $11,384,266.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.