$2 million bond passes in WindsorMarch 06,2013WINDSOR — Voters in Windsor approved $2 million in renovations to the town’s wastewater treatment facility. Three-hundred seventy residents voted “yes” and 179 voted “no.”
Town Manager Tom Marsh said the treatment plant is about 20 years old and was in need of a complete overhaul. With the $2 million bond, the town will rebuild the facility’s clarifiers and a digester, the section of the plant that breaks down sewage to generate methane gas.
According to Marsh, taxpayers will see an increase between 3 and 4 percent a year to pay off the bond. Approximately 1,600 sewer customers are responsible for paying the bond, but the entire town voted on the bond question.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,