Madelene F. MooneyMarch 05,2013Madelene F. Mooney
Madelene F. Mooney, 98, of Rutland and formerly of Lebanon, N.H., died March 1, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born June 29, 1914, in Enfield, Mass., the daughter of Cora (Smith) and William L. Foley, and grew up in West Canaan, N.H.
On June 26, 1933, she married Leslie L. Mooney.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Mooney of Portland, Maine, and Cecilia Mooney of Rutland.
She was predeceased by her husband in 1971 and a daughter, Jane, in 1964.
Private burial will take place at a later date in Enfield, N.H.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.