Madelene F. MooneyMarch 05,2013Madelene F. Mooney
Madelene F. Mooney, 98, of Rutland and formerly of Lebanon, N.H., died March 1, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born June 29, 1914, in Enfield, Mass., the daughter of Cora (Smith) and William L. Foley, and grew up in West Canaan, N.H.
On June 26, 1933, she married Leslie L. Mooney.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Mooney of Portland, Maine, and Cecilia Mooney of Rutland.
She was predeceased by her husband in 1971 and a daughter, Jane, in 1964.
Private burial will take place at a later date in Enfield, N.H.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.