Pauline PerkinsMarch 05,2013Pauline Perkins
Pauline Perkins, 86, of Rutland, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at Our House Residential Care Home.
She was born May 24, 1926, in Granville, N.Y., the daughter of Schuyler and Irene (Harrington) Perkins.
She was employed by several area companies, including Howe Scale where she worked for many years until retiring in 1982.
Ms. Perkins was a member of First Baptist Church of Rutland and the Howe Scale Annual Reunion Committee.
She enjoyed fishing, hunting, needlework, bowling and bingo.
Survivors include a sister, Elise Daly of South Burlington; three brothers, Earl of Rutland, Kemp of Oceanside, Calif., and Robert of Grand Isle; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by three sisters, Joyce Vitagaliano in 1995, Constance “Connie” Hesse in 2008 and Jane Barnes in 2012.
The memorial service will be at a later date and burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to First Baptist Church of Rutland, 81 Center St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.