Bennington man accused of failing to comply with sex offender registryMarch 02,2013BENNINGTON — A Beech Street man is facing a felony charge after police said he failed to comply with the terms of the sex offender registry earlier this year.
Richard Pinsonneault, 31, of Bennington, was arraigned in Bennington criminal court on Monday on a felony count of failing to comply with the sex offender registry for five consecutive days and a misdemeanor count of first offense of failing to comply with the sex offender registry.
In an affidavit, Detective Anthony Silvestro said Pinsonneault was obligated to comply with the sex offender registry based on a conviction for sexual assault in Bennington criminal court in April 2007.
Silvestro said Pinsonneault gave the Vermont Sex Offender Registry an address on Union Street in December but said he learned Jan. 24 from Bonnie Goode, coordinator of the registry, that Pinsonneault was no longer living at that address.
According to the affidavit, Pinsonneault admitted to Silvestro on Feb. 4 that he was no longer living on Union Street and had been living on Beech Street for more than two weeks.
Silvestro said that Pinsonneault told him during an interview at the Bennington Police Department on Feb. 5 that he “simply forgot to send the registry a change-of-address form.”
Pinsonneault, who pleaded innocent Monday, was released without bail.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.