Bennington man accused of failing to comply with sex offender registryMarch 02,2013BENNINGTON — A Beech Street man is facing a felony charge after police said he failed to comply with the terms of the sex offender registry earlier this year.
Richard Pinsonneault, 31, of Bennington, was arraigned in Bennington criminal court on Monday on a felony count of failing to comply with the sex offender registry for five consecutive days and a misdemeanor count of first offense of failing to comply with the sex offender registry.
In an affidavit, Detective Anthony Silvestro said Pinsonneault was obligated to comply with the sex offender registry based on a conviction for sexual assault in Bennington criminal court in April 2007.
Silvestro said Pinsonneault gave the Vermont Sex Offender Registry an address on Union Street in December but said he learned Jan. 24 from Bonnie Goode, coordinator of the registry, that Pinsonneault was no longer living at that address.
According to the affidavit, Pinsonneault admitted to Silvestro on Feb. 4 that he was no longer living on Union Street and had been living on Beech Street for more than two weeks.
Silvestro said that Pinsonneault told him during an interview at the Bennington Police Department on Feb. 5 that he “simply forgot to send the registry a change-of-address form.”
Pinsonneault, who pleaded innocent Monday, was released without bail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.