Bennington man accused of failing to comply with sex offender registryMarch 02,2013BENNINGTON — A Beech Street man is facing a felony charge after police said he failed to comply with the terms of the sex offender registry earlier this year.
Richard Pinsonneault, 31, of Bennington, was arraigned in Bennington criminal court on Monday on a felony count of failing to comply with the sex offender registry for five consecutive days and a misdemeanor count of first offense of failing to comply with the sex offender registry.
In an affidavit, Detective Anthony Silvestro said Pinsonneault was obligated to comply with the sex offender registry based on a conviction for sexual assault in Bennington criminal court in April 2007.
Silvestro said Pinsonneault gave the Vermont Sex Offender Registry an address on Union Street in December but said he learned Jan. 24 from Bonnie Goode, coordinator of the registry, that Pinsonneault was no longer living at that address.
According to the affidavit, Pinsonneault admitted to Silvestro on Feb. 4 that he was no longer living on Union Street and had been living on Beech Street for more than two weeks.
Silvestro said that Pinsonneault told him during an interview at the Bennington Police Department on Feb. 5 that he “simply forgot to send the registry a change-of-address form.”
Pinsonneault, who pleaded innocent Monday, was released without bail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?