Bennington man accused of failing to comply with sex offender registryMarch 02,2013BENNINGTON — A Beech Street man is facing a felony charge after police said he failed to comply with the terms of the sex offender registry earlier this year.
Richard Pinsonneault, 31, of Bennington, was arraigned in Bennington criminal court on Monday on a felony count of failing to comply with the sex offender registry for five consecutive days and a misdemeanor count of first offense of failing to comply with the sex offender registry.
In an affidavit, Detective Anthony Silvestro said Pinsonneault was obligated to comply with the sex offender registry based on a conviction for sexual assault in Bennington criminal court in April 2007.
Silvestro said Pinsonneault gave the Vermont Sex Offender Registry an address on Union Street in December but said he learned Jan. 24 from Bonnie Goode, coordinator of the registry, that Pinsonneault was no longer living at that address.
According to the affidavit, Pinsonneault admitted to Silvestro on Feb. 4 that he was no longer living on Union Street and had been living on Beech Street for more than two weeks.
Silvestro said that Pinsonneault told him during an interview at the Bennington Police Department on Feb. 5 that he “simply forgot to send the registry a change-of-address form.”
Pinsonneault, who pleaded innocent Monday, was released without bail.MORE IN This Just InRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Jerry Rubin, co-creator of the Yippies, American activist, political theorist, businessman, born this day in 1938. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic, historic and epigrammatic content... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.