Pauline P. TaggartMarch 02,2013
Pauline P. Taggart
Pauline P. Taggart, 88, of Rutland, passed away Thursday, February 28, 2013, at Mountain View Center in Rutland.
She was born in Rutland on June 19, 1924, the daughter of Paul and Antonia (Wotka) Jaskot.
Pauline attended Mount St. Joseph Academy.
She was the wife of Claude V. Taggart who died March 23, 2010.
For many years, she and her husband enjoyed their pets and gardens.
She was employed for many years at Rosenblatt’s Dress Factory and then retired from Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Surviving are two daughters, Claudia Layden and her husband Jim of Rutland and Janet Hughes and her husband James of Jacksonville, Fla.; three grandchildren, Robin Layden Stein and her husband Eric of Mountain View, Calif., Heather White and her husband Sidney of Orange Park, Fla., and Jamall Hughes of Jacksonville, Fla.
She also is survived by three great-grandchildren, Elyssa Stein, Cameron White and Kiera White; two step-great-grandsons, Ryan and Matthew Stein; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband of 66 years, Claude Taggart, two brothers and five sisters.
There are no visiting hours.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 9, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peter’s Church in Rutland. Officiating will be Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor. A reception will follow.
Private burial will be at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Mountain View Activities Department, 9 Haywood Ave., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.