Pauline P. TaggartMarch 02,2013
Pauline P. Taggart
Pauline P. Taggart, 88, of Rutland, passed away Thursday, February 28, 2013, at Mountain View Center in Rutland.
She was born in Rutland on June 19, 1924, the daughter of Paul and Antonia (Wotka) Jaskot.
Pauline attended Mount St. Joseph Academy.
She was the wife of Claude V. Taggart who died March 23, 2010.
For many years, she and her husband enjoyed their pets and gardens.
She was employed for many years at Rosenblatt’s Dress Factory and then retired from Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Surviving are two daughters, Claudia Layden and her husband Jim of Rutland and Janet Hughes and her husband James of Jacksonville, Fla.; three grandchildren, Robin Layden Stein and her husband Eric of Mountain View, Calif., Heather White and her husband Sidney of Orange Park, Fla., and Jamall Hughes of Jacksonville, Fla.
She also is survived by three great-grandchildren, Elyssa Stein, Cameron White and Kiera White; two step-great-grandsons, Ryan and Matthew Stein; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband of 66 years, Claude Taggart, two brothers and five sisters.
There are no visiting hours.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 9, 2013, at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peter’s Church in Rutland. Officiating will be Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor. A reception will follow.
Private burial will be at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Mountain View Activities Department, 9 Haywood Ave., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.