NORTH TROY- A 40-year-old Vermont woman is facing attempted homicide charges following a knife attack against a man at a North Troy home.
State Police say Jennifer Ahlquist, of Newport, was charged with attempted first degree murder and domestic assault following the Thursday incident.
Police say a homeowner called police at about 2:45 p.m. to report a fight between a male and female at her residence and that the woman had a knife.
When troopers, sheriff's deputies and game wardens arrived they found Ahlquist holding a knife. The male victim was conscious and lying on the floor bleeding from a laceration on his chest.
Ahlquist was taken into custody without incident.
Police say Ahlquist assaulted the victim after he intervened during a dispute with the homeowner.
The victim was not seriously hurt.MORE IN Vermont NewsThe Senate on Tuesday advanced a GMO labeling bill that sets Vermont on a course to be the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.