A security camera at Cumberland Farms in Wallingford filmed a suspect in a robbery Friday afternoon.WALLINGFORD — Vermont State Police said they are looking for a man who used threats to rob a convenience store on Main Street on Friday afternoon.
Two clerks at the store told police that a man entered the Cumberland Farms store at 5:30 p.m. and waited in line at the counter to demand money from the register.
“He told her to give him all her money,” said Detective Sgt. Albert Abdelnour. “She thought it was a joke at first but then he said ‘Do it, or I’ll have to hurt you.’”
After the clerk handed over the contents of the drawer, another clerk came out of the back and followed the robber outside, Abdelnour said.
But after following him a short distance, the man told the clerk he would shoot him if he continued to follow him, police said.
The suspect, who was wearing a heavy brown denim jacket and a grey hoodie, climbed into a white four-door sedan — described as resembling a 1990s-era Chrysler LeBaron — parked outside the Family Dollar Store across the street from the convenience store.
The clerk told police the car, which bore Vermont plates, bore the letters FLM, Abdelnour said.
No one was injured in the incident and no firearm was displayed, police said.
The suspect is described as a white man, standing 5 feet 5 inches tall with a buzzcut and dirty blonde hair. The man was described as being overweight, and he had large gaps in his teeth.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Abdelnour or Detective Sgt. Sam Capogrossi at 773-9101.MORE IN Local & State
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- talk-pix.com PODCASTS TEMPORARILY DISABLED: Navigate browser to talk-pix.com to access complete ALMANACK archive.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown