General fund budget
$381,920; $152,919, or 28.6 percent, less than this year’s budget of $534,839.
Highway fund budget
$845,269; $226,720, or 36.7 percent, more than this year’s budget of $618,549.
Flood Brook Regional Educational District budget
$8,178,562; $404,880 5.2 percent more than this year’s budget of $7,773,682.
Article 26: Shall the town appropriate $260,000 to pay for the Lawrence Hill Stone Wall project financed for up to four years. Payments will be approximately $6,500 per month.
Article 28: Shall the town appropriate $90,000 to pay for Cold Spring Brook Park repairs caused by Tropical Storm Irene; if such repairs are less than $100,000, the Weston Community Association will refund the town the difference.
Weston residents will vote on a $2 million bond for Windsor County Superior Court House repairs (Australian ballot).
Candidates for elected office are nominated from the floor.
Weston residents will gather for a floor meeting at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Weston Playhouse to vote on money and school matters. Australian ballot measures will be voted on from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m Tuesday at the Weston Playhouse.
www.floodbrook.k12.vt.us.MORE IN Southern VermontIn honor of the sesquicentennial of the end of the Civil War, Brattleboro veterans are putting... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.