$3,410,928; $124,005, or 3.77 percent, more than this year’s budget of $3,286,923.
Black River Union High School budget
$3,674,133; $107,542, or 2.84 percent, less than this year’s budget of $3,781,675. (Australian ballot)
River Valley Tech Center budget
$2,812,062; $286,748, or 9.25 percent, less than this year’s budget of $3,098,810 (Australian ballot).
Article 2: Shall the voters of the Town of Ludlow authorize the collection of up to $20,000 to join with the Ludlow Rotary Club and others to fund and implement a program for middle school students that will provide the opportunity to improve academic performance, foster new friendships and share challenging and inspiring experiences with the overall objective of increasing their skills and consequently their self-confidence and self-worth. The program will operate parallel with but separate from the Ludlow Recreation Summer Program and will run for seven weeks (Australian ballot).
Ludlow residents will vote on a $2 million bond for Windsor County Superior Court House repairs (Australian ballot).
Incumbents Susan Barton, Bruce Schmidt and Daniel Buckley will vie for two three-year seats as Union #39 school director (Australian ballot).
Ludlow residents will gather for a floor meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, March 4 at Town Hall to vote on money matters.
Article 2, school director, Black River High School and River Valley Tech Center budgets and $2 million court house bond votes will take place by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5 at Town Hall.
www.rwsu.netMORE IN Southern Vermont
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- talk-pix.com PODCASTS TEMPORARILY DISABLED: Navigate browser to talk-pix.com to access complete ALMANACK archive.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown