Police investigate hit-and-runFebruary 28,2013Police: Big rig hit
pickup, kept going
SHOREHAM — Police are investigating a hit-and-run incident after a local man was side-swiped by a tractor-trailer Tuesday.
Vermont State Police said Stuart Lilie, 29, of Shoreham was driving north on Route 22A when a tractor-trailer came over the crest of a hill in Lilie’s lane and struck his Dodge Ram pickup, breaking the driver’s-side window and damaging the side panel.
The tractor-trailer did not stop, police said.
Lilie suffered minor injuries but did not receive medical attention, and police said he was able to drive away from the crash.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.