Police investigate hit-and-runFebruary 28,2013Police: Big rig hit
pickup, kept going
SHOREHAM — Police are investigating a hit-and-run incident after a local man was side-swiped by a tractor-trailer Tuesday.
Vermont State Police said Stuart Lilie, 29, of Shoreham was driving north on Route 22A when a tractor-trailer came over the crest of a hill in Lilie’s lane and struck his Dodge Ram pickup, breaking the driver’s-side window and damaging the side panel.
The tractor-trailer did not stop, police said.
Lilie suffered minor injuries but did not receive medical attention, and police said he was able to drive away from the crash.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.