Man jailed on domestic chargeFebruary 28,2013Local man denies
A Rutland man who allegedly tackled a woman and fought with her for possession of her purse is behind bars after denying a felony domestic assault charge.
Michael R. Wheeler, 42, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to a charge of second-degree aggravated domestic assault.
Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail at $10,000 for Wheeler, who remains jailed in Springfield.
Wheeler was arrested Sunday night after a woman told police he assaulted her outside his home on Spruce Street in Rutland.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.