Food and music benefit plannedFebruary 28,2013Food and music
benefit is planned
A food and music sampler event to benefit Dinners with Love Inc. is set for 4 p.m. March 10 at the Italian American Club in Rutland.
The dinner will feature an assortment of hors d’oeuvres and desserts donated by local chefs.
Dinners with Love Inc. is a Brandon-based nonprofit group that facilitates donations of restaurant meals to hospice clients and their families free of charge.
The dinner costs $20 at the door and registration is not necessary. The Italian American Club is located at 73 Grove St. in Rutland.
For more information, contact Kerstin at email@example.com, call 777-5683, or visit www.dinnerswithlove.org.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The 22 water systems in Vermont that draw from Lake Champlain are participating in a... Full StoryJOHANNESBURG — When Cecil the lion’s carcass was finally found after he was lured out of a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.