A 16-year-old was caught going 91 MPH.February 28,2013Police: Teen drove 91 mph, had pot
KILLINGTON — A Pittsfield teenager was caught driving 91 mph on Route 4, police said.
Police stopped Justin Peyton, 16, in the “Killington flats” area of Route 4 on Monday afternoon. He drove 41 mph above the speed limit, police said.
Peyton was also found with a small amount of marijuana, police said, and was cited to appear in Rutland criminal court in April on a possession charge.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.