Frances M. BlakeFebruary 28,2013Frances M. Blake
BENNINGTON — Frances Mears Blake, 83, died Monday, Feb, 25, 2013, at her residence.
She was born in Bennington May 17, 1929, the daughter of Clyde and Florence (Ward) Mears.
She was a graduate of St. Joseph’s Business College.
On Jan. 3, 1949, she married Hiram Blake in Bennington.
Mrs. Blake worked at Bell Laundry and BenMont Paper Co. in earlier years and retired after 25 years at Union Carbide Corp.
She was an avid genealogist, able to trace her ancestry back to 1638. She also enjoyed traveling with the senior citizens group and, when younger, playing the steel guitar.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Marlene Restino of Bennington and Linda Bishop of Manchester; 11 grandchildren and 19 great-grandchildren; four siblings, Clyde of Pownal, Milo, Lois Weaver, both of Bennington, and Lila McCoy of Bare Foot Bay, Fla.; several nieces and nephews.
The funeral service will be held at noon Friday, March 1, at the Mahar and Son Funeral Home in Bennington, where friends may call from 11 a.m. prior to the service officiated by Pastor Joel Tibbits.
Burial will follow in White Chapel Cemetery in Bennington.
Memorial contributions may be made to Bennington Rescue Squad or VNA and Hospice of SVHC, in care of Mahar and Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
For guest book condolences, visit www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.