Clarendon crash: Man badly hurtFebruary 27,2013Clarendon crash:
Man badly injured
CLARENDON — Police said a local 19-year-old was in critical condition following a drunken-driving crash Tuesday morning.
Vermont State Police responded around 5 a.m. to a report of a crash on Creek Road. Police said Luke Davis of Clarendon was driving south in a 1998 Volvo station wagon when he lost control and hit a culvert, which launched the car through the air until it struck a tree.
Both Davis and his passenger — Dylan Goodrich, 20 — were taken to Rutland Regional Medical Center. Goodrich was treated and released but Davis, due to the extent of his head injuries, was later taken to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., where he was listed in critical condition.
Police did not say whether either man was wearing a seat belt.
According to police, both Davis and Goodrich had been drinking, as well as taking turns driving. Both were cited for drunken driving and underage consumption of alcohol, police said. They are scheduled to appear in Rutland criminal court March 18.MORE IN This Just InRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic, historic and epigrammatic data... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.