$833,815; $67,340 or 8.8 percent more than this year’s budget of $766,475.
$3,664,500; $182,196, or 5.2 percent, more than this year’s budget of $3,482,304.
Shall the voters of the Town of Chittenden instruct the Select Board to enact the following resolution to protect citizen health and safety, water bodies and other natural resources, in relation to tar sands oil transport through Vermont? Whereas, the oil industry appears to be planning to use an aging oil pipeline, built in 1950, to bring Canadian tar sands diluted bitumen through Vermont on its way to Portland, Maine, shall the Town express its opposition to this plan?
No contested races
Chittenden residents will meet at 7 p.m. March 4 at the Barstow School Community Room and vote by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Chittenden Town Office.
www.chittendenvt.orgMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.