Proposed $191,195; $8,065, or 4.1 percent, less than this year’s $199,260. The proposed highway budget is $430,800; $10,750, or 2.6 percent, more than this year’s $420,050.
Proposed education spending of $1,518,375 is up 6.7 percent, or $95,422 over this year’s $1,422,953. Increase due to higher secondary tuition costs, more secondary students and higher health insurance rates.
Shall the voters authorize the Select Board to appoint constables?
Shall the voters appropriate an additional sum of $25,000 for the purpose of extra paving?
Shall the Tinmouth Town School District petition the Vermont State Board of Education for an adjustment of its current supervisory union, Rutland Southwest Supervisory Union (Poultney) so that the Tinmouth Town School District is assigned to the Rutland South Supervisory Union (Clarendon) effective July 1, 2014?
There are no contested races.
Meeting to act on municipal and school budgets and articles will take place at 1 p.m. March 2 at the Tinmouth Community Center. Australian ballot voting for the election of school and municipal officers will take place from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Tinmouth Community Center.
www.tinmouthvt.orgMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.