The proposed municipal budget of $995,099 is up $61,494, or 6.5 percent, from this year’s $933,605. Increase due in part to $50,000 budgeted for a new highway department vehicle.
Proposed education spending plan of $2,146,795 is up 4.7 percent, or $96,573, over this year’s $2,050,222. Health insurance increased 14 percent.
Shall the Town vote to pay the Delinquent Tax Collector in lieu of fees or commissions for collecting delinquent taxes, as provided in 24 V.S.A. Section 1530, such salary to be in an amount not to exceed $1,200 per year, as determined by the Select Board?
Shall the Town vote to have the Delinquent Tax Collector continue to collect a commission of 8 percent on the amount of delinquent tax collected, as provided in 32 V.S.A. Section 1674, and remit the delinquent tax and the commission to the Town?
Shall the Town vote to have the Delinquent Tax Collector continue to collect interest on delinquent taxes at the rate of not more than one percent per month or fraction thereof, for the first three months and thereafter one and one-half percent per month or fraction thereof, from the due date of such tax as provided in 32 V.S.A. Section 5136(a) and remit the delinquent tax and the interest to the town?
Will the Town School District vote to appropriate the sum of $15,000 to the Reserve Building Fund?
There are no contested municipal or school races.
Residents will vote on the town budget, municipal and school articles during a floor meeting Monday at 7 p.m. at Wallingford Elementary School.
Australian ballot voting on the school budget and the election of town and school officers will take place Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Wallingford Town Hall.
www.wallingfordvt.comMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.