The proposed municipal budget of $995,099 is up $61,494, or 6.5 percent, from this year’s $933,605. Increase due in part to $50,000 budgeted for a new highway department vehicle.
Proposed education spending plan of $2,146,795 is up 4.7 percent, or $96,573, over this year’s $2,050,222. Health insurance increased 14 percent.
Shall the Town vote to pay the Delinquent Tax Collector in lieu of fees or commissions for collecting delinquent taxes, as provided in 24 V.S.A. Section 1530, such salary to be in an amount not to exceed $1,200 per year, as determined by the Select Board?
Shall the Town vote to have the Delinquent Tax Collector continue to collect a commission of 8 percent on the amount of delinquent tax collected, as provided in 32 V.S.A. Section 1674, and remit the delinquent tax and the commission to the Town?
Shall the Town vote to have the Delinquent Tax Collector continue to collect interest on delinquent taxes at the rate of not more than one percent per month or fraction thereof, for the first three months and thereafter one and one-half percent per month or fraction thereof, from the due date of such tax as provided in 32 V.S.A. Section 5136(a) and remit the delinquent tax and the interest to the town?
Will the Town School District vote to appropriate the sum of $15,000 to the Reserve Building Fund?
There are no contested municipal or school races.
Residents will vote on the town budget, municipal and school articles during a floor meeting Monday at 7 p.m. at Wallingford Elementary School.
Australian ballot voting on the school budget and the election of town and school officers will take place Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Wallingford Town Hall.
www.wallingfordvt.comMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.