Town / highway budget
Proposed $2,167,122; $1,284,489, or 37.2 percent, less than this year’s budget of $3,451,611. Last year’s budget was inflated by FEMA-reimbused storm expenses.
$1,090,524; $86,132, or 8.6 percent, more than this year’s budget of $1,004,392.
Shall the Town of Shrewsbury discontinue the use of Australian ballot for its annual budget vote?
Shall the Town of Shrewsbury discontinue the use of Australian ballot for all public questions?
Shall the Shrewsbury Town School District discontinue the use of the Australian ballot for its annual budget vote?
Shall the Shrewsbury Town School District discontinue the use of Australian ballot for all public questions?
No contested races
Shrewsbury votes at the Shrewsbury Community Meeting House from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 5.MORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.