$748,835; $20,702, or a 2.7 percent, reduction from this year's $769,537 budget.
The budget includes a $14,335 reduction in administration spending and a $18,204 drop in solid waste disposal expenses.
$409,187; $5,230, or 1.3 percent increase over the current $403,957 budget.
The budget contains a $8,059 increase in personal service expenses.
$5,362,240; $254,924, or 5 percent, more than this year's $5,107,316 budget.
The bulk of the proposed increases come from the elementary school budget where $174,912 would pay for additional wages and benefits for teachers, special educators and guidance personnel. Among the elementary school changes are one new special education teacher and 1.5 new paraeducators.
Article 9 asks voters if they want to form a committee to look at developing a local police force instead of contracting with the Rutland County Sheriff's Department.
Select Board Chairman Eric “Rick” Anderson is being challenged by Richard Horner, a former town selectman, for the two-year seat.
On the School Board, a three-year seat left vacant by the departure of Marie Baccei has set up a two-way race between newcomers Preston Garcia and Lisa Miser.
Proctor residents will gather for a floor meeting at the Proctor High School gymnasium at 7 p.m. Monday. Voting by Australian ballot will be 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at PHS.MORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?