$394,350; $7,595, or 2 percent, more than this year’s $386,755 budget.
The largest increase in the proposed town spending plan is a $10,000 increase in a line item for highway employees.
$296,400; $13,000, or 4.6 percent, more than this year’s $283,400 budget.
The biggest increase in highway spending comes from a $5,000 increase in equipment repair and maintenance.
$1,721,130; $55,634, or 3.3 percent, increase over the current $1,665,496 budget.
The biggest spending increases in the school budget are found under teacher salaries and health benefits, which contain a combined $98,059 worth of additional spending and teacher salaries and health benefits for a new early essential education line section of the budget which accounts for $41,959 of new spending.
Mount Holly has a two-way race for a Select Board seat left vacant by Paul Nevin. Newcomers Tim Martin and Ronald Unterman are competing for the three-year seat.
Voters are called to meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Mount Holly Elementary School for a meeting where articles 2 and 13 on the ballot will be acted on. Voting by Australian ballot will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Mount Holly Town Office.MORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.