$1,070,488; $49,175, or 4.8 percent, more than this year’s budget of $1,021,313.
$8,127,036; $454,120, or 5.9 percent, more than this year’s budget of $7,672,916.
Shall the voters of the Town of Rutland School District appropriate the sum of up to $127,000 from the Capital Improvement Fund for science lab and classroom renovations?
Don Chioffi and Chris Kiefer-Cioffi face off for a three-year seat on the Select Board.
An informational meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Monday at the Rutland Town School. Election of town officials and voting on money matters will be by Australian ballot from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Rutland Town School and town hall.
www.rutlandtown.comMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.