$331,332; $17,075 or 5.4 percent more than this year’s budget of $314,257.
$452,620; $3,000 or 0.7 percent more than this year’s budget of $449,620.
$1,782,385; $48,340 or 2.64 percent less than this year’s budget of $1,830,725.
FHUHS district budget
$7,959,045; $356,470 or 4.7 percent, more than this year’s budget of $7,602,575.
John Hill, Samuel Bartholomew and Robert Lussier are vying for two, one-year seats on the Select Board.
An informational meeting for both town and school ballots will be held at 7 p.m. March 4 at the Community Hall in Benson.
Town residents will gather for a floor meeting to vote on town money matters at 10 a.m. March 5 at the Community Hall. The election of town and school officials as well as voting on school money matters will be done by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Community Hall.
www.benson-vt.comMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.