$331,332; $17,075 or 5.4 percent more than this year’s budget of $314,257.
$452,620; $3,000 or 0.7 percent more than this year’s budget of $449,620.
$1,782,385; $48,340 or 2.64 percent less than this year’s budget of $1,830,725.
FHUHS district budget
$7,959,045; $356,470 or 4.7 percent, more than this year’s budget of $7,602,575.
John Hill, Samuel Bartholomew and Robert Lussier are vying for two, one-year seats on the Select Board.
An informational meeting for both town and school ballots will be held at 7 p.m. March 4 at the Community Hall in Benson.
Town residents will gather for a floor meeting to vote on town money matters at 10 a.m. March 5 at the Community Hall. The election of town and school officials as well as voting on school money matters will be done by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Community Hall.
www.benson-vt.comMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1861, JEFFERSON DAVIS resigns from the U.S. Senate to become president of the Confederate States of America, in 1908, NYC passes law forbidding women from smoking in public; in 1968, B-52 crashes, loses H-bomb.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Aldermen debate request for $75K from Zamias Fund for Wonderfeet museum, Bryanna Allen covers CSC Spring Convocation, proponents of sugary drinks tax meet press at State House, Neal Goswami reports revenue forecast for state.