Proposed $1,085,939; $8,021, or 0.7 percent, more than this year’s budget of $1,077,918.
Proposed $664,716; $12,892, or 2 percent, more than this year’s budget of $651,824.
Proposed $7,208,638; $180,692, or 2.6 percent, more than this year’s budget of $7,027,946.
Shall the town exempt real and personal property owned by the fire and rescue squad association for a period of five years?
Shall the town authorize the purchase of a piece of property for the use of off-street parking?
There are no contested races in Poultney this year.
An informational meeting for the school district budget will be at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 28 at Poultney High School. An informational meeting for the town budget will be at 7 p.m. March 4 at Poultney High School.
Voting on money matters and the election of town officials will be by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Poultney Fire Department.
www.poultneyvt.comMORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.