$939,195; $753, or 0.08 percent, more than this year’s budget of $938,442.
$581,820; $42,900, or 7.96 percent, more than this year’s budget of $538,920.
Castleton/Hubbardton Union School District budget
$5,856,264; $228,154, or 4.05 percent, more than this year’s budget of $5,628,110.
Fair Haven Union High School budget
$7,959,045; $356,470, or 4.7 percent, more than this year’s budget of $7,602,575.
Will the town authorize the Select Board to lease/purchase a $106,080 Case Tractor loader/backhoe? This would amount to three annual payments of $30,434.40.
Will the town raise $250 to start a reserve fund to begin funding for the town’s 250th birthday celebration to be held in 2014?
Dawn Custer and Marissa Memergut are vying for the town clerk and treasurer seat.
Residents will gather for a floor meeting at 7 p.m. March 4 at the Hubbardton Town Hall to vote on money matters. The election of town officials will be by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Hubbardton Town Hall.MORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.