$939,195; $753, or 0.08 percent, more than this year’s budget of $938,442.
$581,820; $42,900, or 7.96 percent, more than this year’s budget of $538,920.
Castleton/Hubbardton Union School District budget
$5,856,264; $228,154, or 4.05 percent, more than this year’s budget of $5,628,110.
Fair Haven Union High School budget
$7,959,045; $356,470, or 4.7 percent, more than this year’s budget of $7,602,575.
Will the town authorize the Select Board to lease/purchase a $106,080 Case Tractor loader/backhoe? This would amount to three annual payments of $30,434.40.
Will the town raise $250 to start a reserve fund to begin funding for the town’s 250th birthday celebration to be held in 2014?
Dawn Custer and Marissa Memergut are vying for the town clerk and treasurer seat.
Residents will gather for a floor meeting at 7 p.m. March 4 at the Hubbardton Town Hall to vote on money matters. The election of town officials will be by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Hubbardton Town Hall.MORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.