$939,195; $753, or 0.08 percent, more than this year’s budget of $938,442.
$581,820; $42,900, or 7.96 percent, more than this year’s budget of $538,920.
Castleton/Hubbardton Union School District budget
$5,856,264; $228,154, or 4.05 percent, more than this year’s budget of $5,628,110.
Fair Haven Union High School budget
$7,959,045; $356,470, or 4.7 percent, more than this year’s budget of $7,602,575.
Will the town authorize the Select Board to lease/purchase a $106,080 Case Tractor loader/backhoe? This would amount to three annual payments of $30,434.40.
Will the town raise $250 to start a reserve fund to begin funding for the town’s 250th birthday celebration to be held in 2014?
Dawn Custer and Marissa Memergut are vying for the town clerk and treasurer seat.
Residents will gather for a floor meeting at 7 p.m. March 4 at the Hubbardton Town Hall to vote on money matters. The election of town officials will be by Australian ballot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 5 at the Hubbardton Town Hall.MORE IN Town Meeting
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.